Monday, May 12, 2014

Tell Me Anything


Read: Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher 
than I.                                                                                                             Psalm 61:1-2 


     If you had a friend to whom you could tell anything, and you knew he could help you solve your problems, would you share with him, down to the smallest detail, every struggle in your life? Of course you would! And you can probably see where I am going with this: Jesus is that friend to whom we can go anytime with any problem.
     Often my son Jackson will begin to tell me a story that my wife may have already told me or that I may have seen unfold myself. Jackson, like most little kids, will take a lot longer to tell a story than really is needed to get the story out. They are just glad they have your ear, and they are going to keep it is long as they can. But I don’t cut him off. I want to hear what he has to say, and quite frankly, I’m glad he feels like he has a father who wants to hear enough about his life that he will share his stories with me. Also, when he has a need, he will come to me and tell me in great detail what those needs are, even if it’s just that he wants a piece of candy.
     Our Heavenly Father is no different with us. Do you have struggles that you face on a daily basis? Do you have heartaches that weigh you down? It could be anything – you are dealing with a split home; the sickness or death of a loved one; struggling with your grades in school. You may feel as if you are all alone, or that others are picking on you. Whatever your struggle is, you have a Father in Heaven who wants to hear what is on your heart. You might be thinking that since God already knows even your thoughts that He doesn’t want to hear the entire story of your struggle. That is the furthest thing from the truth. God wants you to pour out your heart to Him in great detail. Describe to Him your problems. You have His ear as long as you want to keep it, and He is always available.      
   Don’t be afraid to share anything with this Friend. Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee.” It’s as if God is sitting in Heaven, with the speaker phone on, just waiting for you to speak. And He is saying, “Tell me anything. I’m here to listen.” Proverbs 18:24 says, “There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” Jesus is that friend, and He wants to hear anything you have to say.
    

Quote of the day: “Anything worth worrying about is worth praying about.”




No comments:

Post a Comment